What is Backdrop CMS?
Backdrop CMS is a free and open-source content management system written in PHP and distributed under the GNU General Public License. Backdrop CMS is a fork of the Drupal project. The directory structure is like Drupal 8 but the code is similar to Drupal 7.
10 reasons why choose BackdropCMS instead of Drupal.
- Why spend a lot of time managing configuration using Features module. Backdrop includes built-in Configuration Management tools that allow us to deploy configuration across environments using JSON files, which should save a lot of time compared to Features.
- The backdrop is slightly faster than Drupal 7 out of the box because of it’s lighter core. Generally, it’s about the same speed as D7 but since D8 is slower than D7, Backdrop is faster than D8.
- The backdrop has a built-in Panels-like module (Layout) that replaces the old Block system. Blocks are given new powers like contextual information, advanced conditional selection, multiple instances, control over markup, and config-based settings.
- Responsive, HTML5 elements, and better mobile support out of the box.
- Updated libraries (e.g. new jQuery versions).
- Browse and install add-ons directly from your Backdrop site. No need to scour the internet for available modules, themes, and layouts.
- Basic module out of the box no need to install manually.
- More stable compared to Drupal 8.
- Major features from Drupal 8
- Advance Caching and memory optimization.
Here you can see the performance: